Biblical Principles for
Achieving Kingdom Education
from Kingdom Education, 2nd Edition
God's Plan for Educating Future Generations
by Dr. Glen Schultz
10 Biblical Principles of Education
God’s Word provides Christians with key principles
so that they know how God expects them
to raise or educate their children.
The education of children and youth:
- Is the primary responsibility of parents.
- Is a 24 hour-a-day, 7 days-per-week process that continues from birth till maturity.
- Must have as its primary goals the salvation of and discipleship of the next generation.
- Must be based on God’s Word as absolute truth.
- Must hold Christ as preeminent in all of life.
- Must not hinder the spiritual and moral development of the next generation.
- If and when delegated by parents, must be done with utmost care to ensure that all teachers follow these principles.
- Results in the formation of a belief system or worldview that will be patterned after the belief systems or worldviews of the person’s teachers.
- Must lead to true wisdom and understanding by connecting all knowledge to a biblical worldview framework.
- Must have a view of the future that includes the eternal perspective.
Using these 10 principles as a foundation, Parkway strives to provide an education that places Christ at the center of everything. Students are encouraged to examine the world through a biblical lens, rather than studying subject matter outside of a biblical worldview. In this way, God’s Truth is integrated into every aspect of education, creating a product that showcases God and His creation rather than man and his knowledge.