Spiritual Life at Parkway is all about placing our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, at the center. To accomplish that, we integrate drawing closer to the Lord through worship in our weekly chapels with Bible classes that promote a knowledge of the Lord and scripture while learning how to live a life that seeks to bring about his will in all areas of life. Combine this with biblical worldview integration, which occurs in every class and subject, and students leave Parkway with a strong knowledge of Christianity and the Bible. The goal is to provide multiple opportunities in all grades for students to first develop a relationship with Jesus and then experience first-hand the joys of being a follower of Jesus.
From there we add multiple service projects, ministry groups, and our Student Leadership group to provide a way for students to practice the servant leadership component of Christianity. They learn to put their faith in action, and in the process discover the connection between leading and serving. Our Student Life section puts it in their own words.
- In Elementary, the Biblical Studies curriculum consists of a two-year cycle that begins in Genesis and covers the major Bible narratives.
- In Middle School and High School, Biblical Studies is an academic class as well as spiritual. Students examine the Bible, learning how to study and apply biblical truth to their lives.
- Teachers are trained to provide instruction that integrates the biblical worldview into the subject content.
- Elementary Ministry groups are conducted every other week, teaching students to lay the foundation toward becoming servant leaders.
- Student Leadership Institute (SLi) is a program that allows students in both Middle and High School to identify their specific gifts and become leaders in the school, church, and community, which leads them to a better understanding and awareness of their purpose in the world as they further the Kingdom of God.
- Elementary, Middle School, and High School chapels are held once a week designed to lead the students to a deeper walk with the Lord and an understanding of their role as a worshiper of God.
- Prayer is a central part of each classroom.