Returning to School
Parkway Christian Is Ready For 2021!!
As we continue to hold in-person learning, I can imagine the depths of emotion you are all experiencing. Through all of this, our overarching desire has been to serve our Lord by serving you. You are the reason we labor. In I Corinthians 3:9a, we are reminded, “we are co-workers in God’s service,” and together we work to raise up the next generation for God’s glory.
Parkway exists to Challenge Minds, Capture Hearts, and Cultivate Gifts, in whatever season we find ourselves. In Romans 8:29b it says, “for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable”, and in times like this we need to cling to His word. He still has a purpose for all of us, and now as never before it's important for us to keep our focus on Him. We need a strong foundation at this time, and our children need it even more. Romans 3:11 reminds us, “ For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. “ God is the answer. The decisions you are facing are not easy, and we are praying for our families as you weigh the pros and cons regarding the 2020-21 school year knowing that God will guide each of you.
I am asking all of our community to lift us in prayer daily. He is the one who is able to guide us, and it is to Him we will go for solutions. Ephesians 6:13 says it perfectly, “Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.” We are standing on the foundation that was laid so long ago, and are resolute in our determination to stand firm.
Lila Place, Head of School, and the Parkway Team
Return To School
Parkway Christian is ready to challenge minds, capture hearts, and cultivate gifts in your children no matter what Phase of Michigan’s Safe Start Plan we are in!
Parkway is modeling our Return to School Roadmap after Michigan’s Roadmap to provide your students with a safe and effective in person learning environment. We are also reevaluating our mandated remote learning program to create a more robust and sustainable option should we find ourselves in a season of mandated closure. Parkway Christian is pleased to offer both in-person learning 5 days a week when in Michigan’s phases 4-6 as well as an at home virtual learning option for those interested! More information will be provided on these options by mid August.
For more information on our virtual learning program or on-campus curriculum, please contact our admissions office at email@example.com.
"Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard." Isaiah 58:8
Mandated Remote Learning Program
Recap of our Fourth Quarter Mandated Remote Learning Program
When the Michigan Stay at Home order was first announced, our staff worked quickly and efficiently on remote learning procedures for each class, resulting in effective and timely learning for our community.
- A special remote learning website for Elementary students
- Mental health check-in surveys for MS/HS students
- Daily encouraging videos from our Elementary Dean
- Weekly parent communications between our MS/HS families and our staff
- Intervention team created to address specific needs of individual students using a variety of strategies/implementation during remote learning
- iPads available for family use, as needed, free of charge
- MS/HS staff offered virtual Q&A weekly or multiple times per week to allow students to gain better understanding while also engaging in social interaction
- Personalized instructional videos created by staff for preschool through 12th grade
- Staff continuously re-evaluated and adapted to meet the needs of their students throughout the remote learning experience
- High emphasis on the spiritual well-being of our students and staff including purposeful and freely given grace as needed to ensure continued student growth
- Surveys sent to parents and students to gauge academic progress and mental health throughout the remote learning experience
- Teachers brought lawn signs and gift packet to all 5th grade students
- Each senior was serenaded at their home by a group of administrators and staff to celebrate their accomplishments
- Each senior received a lawn sign to celebrate their graduation